Registered Nurse (Practice RN)
- Elkin, NC
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital
- Yadkin Valley Gastroenterology
- Full Time - 1st Shift
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Physician Office Services
- Req #: 5810-4122
- Posted: October 13, 2021
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Greets patients and prepares them for scheduled procedures. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Takes patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Implements nursing and physician ordered interventions.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Provides appropriate patient and family teaching.
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Assists with scheduling of referrals, other tests and treatments.
- May call in medication orders to pharmacy upon approval of physician.
- Maintains clinical and nursing station supplies and equipment.
- Triages patient phone calls as appropriate.
Education and Formal Training: Graduate of an accredited registered nurse program. Current North Carolina license with biannual renewal. Current certification in CPR. Current certification in ACLS/ obtain within six months.
Work Experience: Progressive nursing experience (3-5 years).