- Elkin, NC
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital
- Physician Services
- Full Time - 1st Shift
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Physician Office Services
- Req #: 5817-4129
- Posted: October 14, 2021
Assist in the delivery of quality healthcare including patient care management throughout the medical group. Providing support to outpatient practices with direct patient care.
Education and Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least one of the following:
- Graduation from an Associate Degree program for Medical Assistants. Certificates accepted: CMA, CCMA, or RMA
- Graduation/satisfactory completion from a state approved nursing assistant I or II program and current CNA certification in NC
- Current NC EMT certification
- Current valid certification to practice as a Paramedic in the State of North Carolina
- BCLS certification
Work Experience: 1 year of experience in health care preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgement, and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times. Actively functions as a patient advocate. Must have thorough knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers and the public. Ability to communicate clearly. Must develop knowledge of current hospital emergency policies and procedures, fire, safety, disaster, and infection control policies.