Microbiology Medical Technologist (MT or MLT)
- Elkin, NC
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital
- PRN - Varied Shifts
- Clinical (Non-Nursing)
- Req #: 5842-4152
- Posted: November 2, 2021
Medical Lab Technician Job Summary & Qualifications: Microbiology experience preferred. Performs specimen collection, patient testing functions, plate reading, sensitivity setups and related tasks in order to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of laboratory data. Responsible for accurate reporting of test results; identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems, instrument maintenance; documentation of problems and following safe laboratory practices. Participates in operational support activities necessary to maintain and optimize testing capabilities.
- Associate degree-Medical Laboratory Technician with approved internship
- ASCP certification or equivalent, or registry eligible.
- Registry eligible candidates must successfully complete Board of Registry ASCP examination within first 12 months of employment
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work closely with others and possess solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must be capable of working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be effective in a diverse work group.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing work unit.
- Ability to work independently on off-shifts.
- Ability to handle stress of producing accurate results under time constraints.
- Ability to accommodate schedule adjustments, as well as off-shift and weekend assignments as workload dictates.
- Basic computer knowledge including keyboarding skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and render decisions.
- Proficiency in use of laboratory equipment and testing.