Chemistry Section Head (Laboratory)
- Elkin, NC
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital
- Full Time - 1st Shift
- Req #: 5190-3572
- Posted: October 2, 2020
SummaryIf you want to be a part of a great laboratory team that helps make a difference in patient’s lives come work with us in the laboratory at Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital.
As the Chemistry Supervisor you will supervise and coordinate the operation and staff of chemistry section, monitor testing procedures and protocols used in the section, seek and implement solutions to issues relating to processing and data performance and participate in all QA/QC activities that affect the Laboratory section and patient care. Position includes bench work.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related degree, required.
- MT(ASCP) certified or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years pertinent clinical laboratory experience of which two years have been spent working with in a clinical laboratory at supervisory level.
- Knowledge of related theory, principles, practices, applicable instrumentation, analytic methods, quality control, statistical analysis, current government regulations (CAP) and leadership.
- Directs daily operations including decision making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective action. Demonstrates technical expertise.
- Supervises, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. In coordination with other section supervisors hires staff as needed. Ensures documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Contributes to good employee relationships and provides for staff development. Maintains good communication with laboratory leadership, pathologists, co-workers, team members and customers.
- Demonstrate and encourage innovation and creativity. Responds to changes in clinical laboratory medicine.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational performance.
- Coordinates staffing with other supervisors, material requirements and equipment needs. Adheres to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensures maximum efficiency in use of personnel.
- Controls departmental supply expense. Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes, procedures and protocols.
- Implements System/Department policies and government regulations, and monitors compliance. Maintains quality control activities and records.
- Develops, writes, reviews and implements policies and procedures.
- Prepares laboratory for inspections.